7 tips to walk confidently in heels
Center of gravity
The balance is disturbed if the heel goes far. The position of the heel is very important. Therefore, if you want to feel irresistible, then pay attention to this when buying shoes.
The correct position is right under the center of the heel. Thick heels are easier to deal with, but stilettos are more difficult.
The platform is your assistant
If high heels have at least a small platform, they are much easier to “carry”. But what if the model of your dream shoes does not provide for it?
In the event that the shoe model does not provide for the presence of a platform, it is enough to acquire a special gel insole-pad. It was originally designed to keep the foot from slipping in shoes or sandals, but in addition, the gel insole lifts the foot and makes the shoe more comfortable
Inconvenient are not only heels, but also a wedge platform. And we know the reason for the discomfort. Actual in the last couple of seasons, platform / wedge shoes made of wood or thick plastic when walking inevitably cause discomfort to the feet.
But models with a rubber wedge with a leather coating or models like Black stiletto heels are incomparably more convenient, since they are more flexible and able to adapt both to your feet and to various obstacles that you encounter on the road.
The thicker the better
Yes, yes, do not be surprised, in the case of heels, everything is completely different from losing weight. The wider and thicker your heel, the more comfortable it is, and at the same time you feel more comfortable. Therefore, the most comfortable heel, firstly, is wide, and secondly, smoothly passes into the “built-in” platform. This allows you to distribute your weight more evenly than in the case of studs and the complete absence of a platform.
The easier it is for your heels to slip out of your shoes, the more uncomfortable you will feel in high heels. From this point of view, trendy mules with heels can hardly be called comfortable shoes.
Do you regularly lose balance and feel how tired your legs are, namely in shoes with a “free” heel that is not fixed by anything, or do you suffer from regular dislocations in general? It’s time to switch from your favorite shoe to one with a heel or a strap that wraps around the forefoot and locks it in.
When you are proudly striding in your favorite heels, you should not shift your center of gravity forward – it is better to lean back a little and relax. Thus, you will help yourself to maintain balance even on the highest hairpin.
In addition, when wearing shoes with heels, you should not move around without taking your eyes off your feet – thereby spoiling your posture, the overall impression of the image.
Hurry up slowly
Another important tip concerns the speed of movement in heels: you should not run on them unnecessarily or mince with all your might. This not only looks ridiculous from the outside, but can also lead to a fall.
Initial steps in heels
How to learn to walk in heels will help you learn a few simple rules:
– No need to be afraid. It’s not hard to wear heels. For the first step, you need to smoothly step on the heel and shift the emphasis to the front of the leg. You don’t need to bend your knees. The step should be medium.
– It is not recommended to copy the gait of models – it may look ridiculous. Walk smoothly and naturally.
– You need to remember about posture. It is recommended that you do not carry heavy bags or other things in your hands when you first step in heels, because this disturbs your balance. You can develop posture by the old method – put a few books on your head and take a few steps so that nothing falls.
– You should walk around in shoes for 1-2 hours at home before going outside in them. This will help to develop a gait, not embarrassed by the surrounding views.
– You should never learn in high heels. The optimal height is 5-6 cm. It is recommended that you first learn to walk in wedge shoes.
– It is better to take the first steps in front of a mirror – this will help you notice the main mistakes. It also makes it easier to observe posture. You can ask someone close to show you a few lessons.
– Choose shoes made from natural materials. The skin will not sweat and the foot will not slip off.
– You need to walk on a smooth and non-slip surface. For example, the carpet is not suitable for practical exercises. You also need to try to turn around often, squat, and speed up your step.