Rules for choosing shoes for flat feet
Flat feet require competent treatment and rational selection of shoes that will reduce the load on the musculoskeletal system and prevent the progression of the disease. What shoes to wear with flat feet in adults and children, we will consider in more detail.
General rules for choosing shoes
Before choosing shoes, it is necessary to focus not only on the price and manufacturer, but also on compliance with the requirements:
– The orthopedic properties of shoes are confirmed in the salon with appropriate certificates;
– At the stands or the manufacturer’s website there is information that reveals the features of the models offered to customers – natural materials, unique design or production technologies;
– The offered products are of high quality: there are no traces of glue, deformation, hard folds and exfoliating insoles;
– Before buying, the chosen model should be tried on, and then walk around the room in it for 10-15 minutes. The appearance of a feeling of discomfort or the presence of redness and calluses on the foot indicates an unsuccessful choice;
– When trying on shoes for a child, make sure that the fingers are fully extended, the heel is tightly fixed. If necessary, it is recommended to circle the baby’s foot in advance with a pen on a piece of paper to determine the exact size.
The selected safety shoes should be suitable in quality, and suit in appearance.
Shoes with flat feet for children
Deformation of the foot in a child can be corrected in childhood, so safety shoes serve both for the prevention and treatment of the disease. In childhood, longitudinal flat feet are more often diagnosed: the foot is lengthened, fully in contact with the sole, the longitudinal arch is flattened. Shoes from flat feet are designed to reduce pain during walking, evenly distribute the load on the foot and correct the deformed limb. With properly selected safety shoes, visually the defect becomes less noticeable.
The final process of ossification in children ends at the age of 14, later it is impossible to correct the foot. Children’s shoes for longitudinal flat feet are selected according to the following principles:
– Tightly fitting to the foot, but not squeezing it.
– The leg should be comfortable. It is necessary to take the model in size, but with a margin of 1-1.5 cm;
– Fixing the ankle joint and foot with the help of a high back, laces;
– Made from genuine leather or high quality synthetic substitutes;
– There are no internal seams or they are masked in such a way that they do not rub their legs when walking;
– Have an anti-slip, medium hard sole with a heel of 1-1.5 cm (prevention of sprains);
– For children over 6 years old, models are equipped with arch supports and a closed toe. To prevent flat feet in children, an annual examination by a pediatric orthopedist is mandatory, during which the doctor monitors the state of the musculoskeletal system and gives recommendations on disease prevention.
Shoes at various stages of flat feet In adults, it is impossible to cure the disease with the help of orthopedic shoes, but it is possible to hide a defect in the foot or prevent the development of complications with special shoes.
Shoes for people with flat feet of stage 1 or 2 are selected with a small heel to fix the foot in an anatomically correct position. Platforms and wedges are not the best option, as they increase the load on the legs. When buying this version of safety shoes, the choice must be stopped on a leather model with a back to support the heel, arch supports and a flexible sole. Softer, thermoregulating when worn, products made of nubuck or suede.
Orthopedic shoes for longitudinally transverse flat feet are selected according to the following criteria:
– Tight back;
– Soft sole;
– Orthopedic insoles or inserts between the fingers;
– Arch supports.
The leg should be tightly fixed, then during movement the musculoskeletal system is not subjected to unnecessary stress – there is no pain in the calves or knee joints, aching muscles or ankles.
The foot has pronounced visual defects, a person feels constant pain when moving, so the selection of safety shoes is difficult. The best option is the selection of an orthopedic model by an orthopedist. The doctor determines the degree of foot deformity, prescribes a complex of treatment and takes an impression of the foot, according to which the shoes are designed and made to order. It is possible to select special insoles that correct the arch of the foot.
Criteria for choosing women’s shoes
Orthopedic shoes, women’s flats, should be selected according to the following principles:
– The model is equipped with a heel of up to 5 cm (high studs distribute body weight on the transverse arch of the foot, forcing it to flatten with regular loads);
– Feet are most comfortable – the heel is firmly fixed, the leg does not slip when moving;
– Winter boots or boots are tried on with warm tights or socks;
– Refusal of a thin or hard sole: an additional load is created on the ligamentous apparatus, discomfort occurs during long walking;
Women’s shoes with pointed toes squeeze the leg, so the ideal option is a model made of genuine leather, with orthopedic insoles and arch supports that do not rub when walking.