What Do Models Eat to Stay Fit & Is It Practical to Follow
Have you heard about Victoria’s Secret model’s diet? If yes, you’ve probably thought of crazy diet plans or strict diets that require you to count calories. But that’s not how it works.
Victoria’s Secret Angels are known for their toned abs and physique. Over the years, many of these Victoria’s Secret models released details of their diet plans and exercise routine. Therefore, if you want to be a model and lose weight, you might be interested in what they eat and their physical activities.
A model’s diet doesn’t have specific guidelines or rules, unlike a usual healthy diet. In fact, there are different versions of a model diet that is based on her eating pattern and workout routine.
According to Healthcanal’s dietitians, crash dieting is not recommended for models; instead, they restrict foods like refined carbs, processed foods, and white bread. Some variations only require limiting daily caloric intake or intermittent fasting. To know more about the runway model diet plan, keep reading!
What Do Models Eat in A Day
You might think that these models are just blessed with a fit body, height, and the right proportions, thanks to genetics. However, strict diet plans and workouts are essential in achieving a killer body.
Stella follows a semi-vegetarian diet with chicken, fish, and lean proteins. However, she tries to keep her animal protein to a minimum; instead, she focuses on eating healthy fruits, veggies, and whole grains.
– Breakfast: Stella likes to have a light breakfast. She enjoys avocado or scrambled eggs with whole-wheat toast. Sometimes, she’ll have whole grain cereal instead of avocado and eggs.
– Lunch: For Lunch, Stella likes to eat salads with chicken, fish, or a vegetarian protein. She always tries to add greens plus protein for lunch. Sometimes, she’ll include a whole wheat grain, like rice, in her meal, but it depends on her mood.
– Dinner: At dinner time, Stella tries to eat more greens, proteins, and whole grains by cooking at home. However, she’s more likely to dine out in the evening. One of her favorite restaurants in New York is Blossom, which offers many healthy, vegan options, which include curried sweet potato.
– Snacks: Stella likes to eat healthy snacks daily to keep her energy levels. She loves eating nuts, fruits, and carrots when she feels hungry in between meals.
Adriana follows a consistent diet, eating six meals per day and drinking 2L of water. This is what she eats throughout the day:
– Breakfast: A bowl of oatmeal with a mix of nuts and fruits (berries, sunflower seeds, raisins, almonds) is followed by a morning snack.
– Morning Snack: Protein shake with fruits and vegetables
– Lunch: She eats a heavy meal for lunch, including chicken breast, sweet potato, quinoa/rice, and vegetables.
– Afternoon Snack: Carrot sticks, nuts, celery sticks
– Dinner: For dinner, Adriana goes for a lighter meal, such as a simple salad with lean protein (fish or chicken)
– Night Snack: Buckwheat, honey, hemp milk. Occasionally, she’ll have some dark chocolate as a snack when she needs an energy boost. She also drinks cappuccino or latte daily with honey instead of sugar.
In an article posted by Qcostarica, Candice follows healthy eating habits where she likes to have a bigger breakfast, then goes lighter each meal. She tries to ensure that she only eats healthy foods so that her body gets all the nutrients.
– Breakfast: Candice likes to load up at breakfast and often goes for bacon and eggs or a healthy smoothie with fresh fruit and healthy fats, such as coconut oil or nut bars.
– Lunch and Dinner: When it comes to lunch and dinner, Candice follows one rule. Eat something filling for lunch, like grilled chicken with brown rice and veggies, while she goes for something lighter for dinner, like a fresh salad or soup.
As expected, Alessandra has a healthy diet all year round, where she likes to cook her own healthy meals.
– Breakfast: Alessandra starts her day with a cup of coffee, freshly squeezed juice, eggs, and avocado toast.
– Lunch: For lunch, she gulps a green juice right after her workout. Then, she usually has a salad with chicken or fish.
– Dinner: If she’s going out with friends, her favorite meal is sushi. But if she’s staying home for dinner, she cooks a family dinner where Brazillian BBQ is her favorite.
– Snacks: On the go, her favorite snacks include almonds, fruits, and chia seed energy bars. She always carries these snacks around so she will not be tempted to eat a sugary treat.
Foods Model Eat (and Avoid) to Stay Fit & Energized
While there are no specific food groups to eat and avoid on a model diet, here are some basic rules to follow:
Foods to eat
Most VS models follow healthy choices when it comes to food. They must be nutrient-dense whole foods, including fruits, vegetables, proteins, whole grains, and healthy fats.
– Vegetables: cherry tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, squash, carrots
– Fruits: berries, peaches, plums, oranges, apples
– Whole grains: brown rice, oats, quinoa
– Nuts: almonds, pistachios, cashews, walnuts
– Seeds: pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, chia seeds
– Legumes: beans, lentils, chickpeas
– Dairy products: greek yogurt, cottage cheese, organic dairy
– Healthy fats: avocado, olive oil, coconut oil
Foods to avoid
Although many models don’t eliminate any foods from their diet, they know how to practice portion control. They try to avoid unhealthy foods, like junk food and fast food. Hence, here’s the list of foods they limit on their diet.
– Processed food: chips, cookies, baked goods, french fries, candies
– Refined grains: white pasta, white rice, white bread, tortillas
– Sugar: brown sugar, white sugar, honey, maple syrup
– Starchy vegetables: sweet potatoes, corns, peas
– Alcohol: wine, spirits, cocktails, beer
– High-sugar fruits: bananas, mangoes, grapes
Regarding sweets, models also eat chocolate but make sure it’s dark chocolate. In fact, dark chocolate aid weight loss by reducing hunger and appetite. Remember that this chocolate is also high in calories and fat, so make sure to consume it in moderation.
In addition, 12 hours before the show, models abstain from drinking water entirely as this helps them lose body fat and avoid looking bloated.
A Note on Exercises
It is said by experts that losing weight isn’t only about eating a balanced diet or restricting calorie intake, and it’s also about the amount of exercise you do, plus a healthy lifestyle. Regular physical exercise is also a vital component of the VS Secret Model diet.
Here’s a variety of exercises they do, such as:
– Power walking
– Strength training
Most models exercise around 3 to 5 times a week, where a workout session lasts for at least an hour. This is a healthy way to exercise without feeling muscle soreness the next day.
A model’s diet is designed to imitate many VS models’ eating patterns and exercise routines. As you can see, the plan promotes healthy eating of nutrient-dense foods and regular physical exercise that could benefit weight loss.
However, keep in mind that the plan focuses mainly on weight loss or weight maintenance and does not consider the different nutritional needs of people. If you want sustainable weight loss, you may seek professional medical advice.