What you need to know before buying a crystal
Intro: Crystals are believed to have healing properties and can help promote balance, peace, and harmony in your life. They come from the earth, so they have been around for many years. There is an endless number of different stones that you can choose from depending on your needs or interests. It might seem difficult at first but don’t worry! We’ve got all the information that you’ll need. We’re going to tell you everything you need to know before buying a crystal. Let’s start with what crystals are.
1: What are the different types of crystals? There is a vast range of stones available, so it’s important to know what types will suit your needs. To Find out what kind of crystal you want, you must understand your needs and requirements. We can break down crystals into two different categories:
– Energetic – Crystals that are aimed towards healing or bringing some balance to the wearer. These crystals might not look like anything special, but they don’t need to! The best crystal for you will be the one that resonates with your energy so choose one that feels right to you.
– Physically beneficial – Stones are also categorized as being either translucent or opaque. These are what most people think of when they hear the word ‘crystal’. While many crystals have energetic benefits, there is a separate category just for these types of stones. Many different cultures believe that certain crystals hold physical healing properties.
– Some of these stones have been used for centuries in medicine, dental work and even surgery. Crystals that are translucent or opaque can be made into jewellery or just kept as a decoration. These categories have their specific healing properties, so it’s important to know what they are before you buy a stone.
2: Different crystals:
– Clear quartz: used for stress relief and meditation
– Rose quartz: used to help release negative thoughts and emotions
– Carnelian: orange in colour, suitable for grounding oneself when feeling scattered or overwhelmed
– Amethyst: purple, can be used to promote creativity and intuition and is found at INDAVID
– Smokey quartz: brown, suitable for protection and grounding
– Blue lace agate: can help with organizational skills and attracts positive energy
– Jade: green in colour, helps with peace of mind and releasing negative emotions
– Batwing: used for protection, suitable for grounding
3: How are crystals formed? Crystals are believed to have healing properties because they come from the earth. They are included when certain chemicals are present in rocks. These chemicals separate into layers over time which creates a transparent, often shiny stone. There are many different types of crystals that all have their specific use or meaning behind them. The natural layering creates homes for other minerals to collect, producing unique colours depending on what minerals are contained inside it. It gives each crystal its unique look and story. Depending on the type of crystal, there might be more than one colour.
4: How Much do Crystals Cost? If you’ve never shopped for crystals before, you might be surprised at their prices. Most places sell these stones in small bags or containers at around $5-20 dollars each. It depends on the size, shape and quality. Some businesses will charge more depending on where they sell their selection. You can buy loose stones that you can put into your medallion or necklace. These cost more than crystals sold in packages, but they’re cheaper than being made by a jeweller.
A larger stone will count as several smaller ones; for example, one large crystal could be split into two or three smaller pieces. If you want to shop online, you might notice that the prices are even higher because of shipping costs and taxes. It doesn’t mean you need to break the bank when buying these items for yourself, though. We’ll explain why later on in this article. Just keep reading!
5: Where Can You Buy Crystals? There are many places where you can purchase crystals professionally or locally. Many stores like Target, Walmart, and CVS sell them. If you go to a metaphysical store or shop, you’ll find that they tend to have an extensive selection compared to the other stores we’ve mentioned. You may want to start by going to those types of shops for your first purchase so that you can see what’s available and how much it will cost you before transitioning into having crystals shipped directly to your house.
You might also want to look online if the local shops don’t seem like they have everything that you need or aren’t convenient for where you live at this time. There are many different websites where people sell their collections, and some even sell items they’ve handmade themselves! The downside is that these sites do tend to be pricier than going to a physical store.
You can find just about any crystal that you might be looking for at a metaphysical shop. There are also many different types of crystals ranging from beautiful clear quartz, the king of all stones, rose quartz, said to bring love and balance or amethyst, which brings peace and calmness. To jasper, known for its grounding qualities helping you feel more stable in your life.
6: Do your research by reading reviews on the website Crystal Healing Shop and Amazon. Check out YouTube videos that explain how crystals work and other information about them, such as their healing properties or metaphysical uses. Ask friends who are into crystals which one they recommend based on your needs. Do some research to find the right crystal(s) for you so that you can know what to expect from their healing powers. You might want a specific stone because of your interest in its physical properties, like rose quartz for its beautiful pink colour and size or amethyst because of its purple beauty and powerful energy. You could be interested in crystals due to their metaphysical properties, such as jasper, an excellent grounding stone.
7: How to tell if a crystal is fake or not? It is essential! If you deal with a dealer who does not offer valid documentation, it may indicate the stone’s authenticity. It would be best if you also considered how long they have been in business and their prices. Lastly, use your intuition when looking at the product to see if it feels authentic or not.
If you are still unsure whether the stone you are looking at is authentic, you can do some simple tests to make sure. Of course, you can always get it tested by a third party gem testing facility before making your purchase.
Conclusion: armed with all the information, you need to make an intelligent purchase that will slowly change your life and evolve for the better. Are you ready for that crystal magic?